Cultured marble bathtubs, showers, sinks and vanities services in Vero Beach
Cultured marble is a common building material and a good alternative to marble. While marble is a natural stone, cultured marble is man-made in a mold by mixing marble dust and polyester resins, which are then sealed with a gel coat.
Because cultured marble is a popular alternative to marble, there are many people who need cultured marble bathtubs, showers, sinks and vanities services in Vero Beach.
Cultured marble is a very durable material. Because it’s made with polyester resins and sealed with gel coat, it’s a non-porous material. That means that, unlike marble, it won’t absorb water or liquids and therefore it won’t stain.
Its components also make cultured marble highly resistant to scratches, chips and other blemishes. However, that does not mean that cultured marble is immune to all of this. Not only can it get scratched or chipped, but it’s susceptible to cracks as well.
Usually, in cultured marble surfaces, cracks happen due to hot water running on the surface while it is cold. This is known as thermal shock, and it’s a common issue in cultured marble.
• Beauty: while being more uniform than its natural counterpart, it still mimics the beauty and shine of marble.
• Low maintenance: unlike marble, cultured marble is non-porous. This means it doesn’t need sealing or grout, and that it’s resistant to stains from soaps, shampoos and other products found in bathrooms.
• Easy to clean: cultured marble can be cleaned with any non-abrasive cleaning product and be left to dry naturally.
• Durable: as it is non-porous, cultured marble is resistant to chips, scratches and mildew. However, it can become cracked due to thermal shock (applying hot and cold water on it over a short period of time).
• Economical: cultured marble is considerably less expensive than natural marble, while adding nearly the same value to your property.
Although it is very durable, you may find that you need cultured marble bathtubs, showers, sinks and vanities services in Vero Beach, such as rebuffing or polishing its surfaces or fixing a chip or a scratch.
In these cases, we invite you to call Surface Specialists of the Treasure Coast! We are experts in bathtub repair, tub refinishing, tub to shower conversions and more throughout Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach and Vero Beach in Florida.